Tending towards fall
Granted it has not been cold outside, I am trending towards fall type of foods. The cravings for warm comfort foods has officially started. Mmmmmm.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 3 -4 large carrots, finely diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 glass red wine
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup stock
- 1 large quantity mashed potatoes (estimating 1L or 6 cups, fresh or leftover)
- 1 egg, beaten
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
Saute carrots in the olive oil until starting to get tender.
Add in the onions and saute for a minute or two then add the meat.
Season with black pepper and garlic.
Cook until turkey is well done then drain any fat.
Sprinkle with flour and stir through.
Add wine and worcestershire sauce.
Let this reduce slightly then add the chicken stock. Allow to reduce down until you have a thick meaty gravy. Season to your taste.
Remove from heat, place in 9×13 pan or oval baker.
Spoon or pipe the mashed potatoes over top. Brush with egg, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and cheddar cheese if using.
Bake for about 20 minutes or until the potato is nice and browned on top.(Recipe adapted from Food.com)
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.