Yesterday I explored the area of Canton.
1. Bed bath Beyond ( cannot go wrong in this store, plus I have a ton of 20% off coupons) = new guest bedroom sheets, and a shower caddy.
2. Target (love this store period) = card for father’s day and stickers for the garage sale, plus lots of browsing.
3. Lowes (favorite for building and home repair)= shopping for Roy’s B-day, and I like their garden center.
4. Home Goods (this is a new one for me, like a TJ-max but full of home decorations/items for a discounted price) = pillows, flower pots. I will be visiting this store a lot, a new favorite.
5. Ikea (plan on visiting but ran out of time) = plan is for some book selves, and possibly a media stand?
All of these stores are on the same road (Ford Road), which is very convenient, but tends to get very busy. I will be living off of this one road basically, it has everything! Here is a link to a directory if you are ever in the Canton area http://www.shopcanton.org/1/Canton_MI/shop_canton_directory_yellow.asp
Last evening Roy had a craving for chinese food, so we tried a new restaurant called Sze-chuan’s Canton Restaurant, which i picked up on my way home from my shopping adventure.
Roy had the Chili Pepper Trio, which was a combination of beef, chicken, shrimp, onions, mushrooms, baby corn, snow peas, water chestnuts and sweet peppers in chili pepper sauce. You can choose how hot you would like the sauce, I choose the moderately hot for Roy. I generally do not like spicy food, but this was not overly hot, and had a nice flavor.
I had the Cashew Chicken, chicken with green peas and cashews in brown sauce. The chicken pieces are lightly breaded, and the sauce was delicious.
This will be a regular for us, we both really enjoyed our selections, and plan on ordering again.
I woke up early this morning to get in a run before it got scorching hot again. It was about 7:30 when I started, and ran for about 1 mile, then did some lunges along a stretch of road inside the condo complex. Some stretching and sit-ups inside to cool down. Hopefully we will be getting a gym membership in the near future since I enjoy the group classes.
Breakfast after my run included Oikos greek honey yogurt with some Kashi Go Lean sprinkled on top and my cup of coffee. It will be snack time soon.
Today I will be preparing for the garage sale on Saturday!!
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.