Mint, Fudge, Oreos.
I finally picked up some new Oreo Fudge Cremes at the grocery store. It is not something that I would normally buy as a nutrition conscious dietitian, however you have to indulge every once in a while. Plus Roy LOVES Oreos, and could eat them every day. Of course I would never let this happen, so we have a deal. If a new Oreo comes out for a holiday or new season I will buy a box. It is a good way to keep the Oreo consumption under control.
The fudge Oreos come in a variety of flavors, including minty goodness. I have to say they are right below my love for Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies. Mmmmmmmm.
Next up was dinner.
Baked Lump Crab Cakes:
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs ( I used slightly more ~4-5 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay™
- 1-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons cholesterol-free egg product (I used one whole egg)
- 1/2 pound lump crab meat (I used 2 cans lump crab meat)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Combine bread crumbs, baking powder, parsley, mustard powder, pepper, and seafood seasoning; set aside. Stir together mayonnaise, butter, Worcestershire, and egg product until smooth. Fold in crab meat, then fold in bread crumb mixture until well blended.
- Shape mixture into 12 crab cakes, about 3/4 inch thick, and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, then turn the crab cakes over, and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes, until nicely browned.
Eat really healthy during the day and you can have your cookies too!
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.